People hesitate to buy old car due to not having knowledge about what documents need to check before buying a car, that is local manufactured or imported car. In this article we mentioned some documents need to check before spending your huge money to buy new or old car.
- Documents need to check for new car
We categorized new car into two categories
1) Local Manufactured car
In case of local manufactured new car you will have a question what documents nee to check before buying a car, you need to check Purchase Invoice and verify chasee number with vehicle, Sale certificate, CNIC of person of whom name sale invoice was generated and check expiry date of CNIC Number and make sure the name at CINC match with name at sale invoice. You required to submit these documents along with your CNIC Copy to excise and taxation office for registration. If you submit these documents in Islamabad the authority will issue you only card and will not handover other documents to you. If your registered vehicle in another province they will issue you card or copy and will return you original documents which you submitted.
2) Imported vehicle
When you purchase imported card you need to check following documents in detail
- Passport Copy: Check the passport copy of purchaser with its name and expiry date
- Bill of Lading: Bill of lading is a document issued by a carrier to shipper, in this bill carrier mention detail of goods along with its destination to deliver. You should to check Name of Consignee in this document and it should match with the name at passport, vehicle chasee number on all pages and these should match with vehicle.
- Goods Declaration (GD): In goods declaration document check the origin of car, check the name of consignee and it should match with bill of lading and passport, check the chasee number and verify with mentioned chasee number at bill of lading and the last thing to check is vehicle registration number in foreign country
- Export certificate: Check the chasee number of vehicle and make sure that it matches with chasee number at other documents (GD,Bill of Lading)
2) Documents to Check for Old Car
For buying old car you need to check following documents
- Vehicle Number: Take the original number plates
- Vehicle Token: Make sure token has been paid up to date and an there is not any outstanding token
- Original Book/Card: Check vehicle original book/Card and check chasee number and it should match with vehicle and should match with (BL,GD, Export certificate) if you buy imported old car. Make sure the name of owner should match with CNIC Number of owner
- CNIC of Owner: Check the CNIC of owner and check Name of owner which should match with other documents and check Expiry of CNIC Number
- Previous Transfer letter: the car which you are going to buy was previously at the name of another person then you need to check Transfer letter and receipt. Transfer receipt is the assurance of the successful transfer of vehicle to the current owner. Take the CNIC Copy of first owner and not buy car at open transfer letter
- NOC From bank: if you are going to buy a lease you need to check NOC and check vehicle chasee number and name of current owner